Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Junk

We have too much junk, especially K. and P. A week ago I decided to clean out K.'s room and get rid of all of the unnecessary items and pack up the "heavy" winter clothes. I got in way over my head and ended up spending six hours in her room. I ended up with two storage containers of clothes (one to store for next year and one to pass along to our cousin), three trash bags of toys to donate, two bags of trash and a bag to send to the recycling center. I can't believe it was all in K.'s room, with the majority of it in her closet. Here's proof of the mess and the finished project. I didn't do before photos because I forgot, but as I stood trapped in the (empty) closet I yelled for K. to bring me the camera.


















I did the same to P.'s room just a week before. I didn't take pictures while I was cleaning out his room, but I was able to donate five bags of toys to our church after I finished. It is so nice to declutter, yet K. and P. still have too much stuff for the spaces they have. Here's pictures of P.'s room. He has new bedding and will soon have a new bed (for now he is sleeping on K.'s trundle - I couldn't take the whole crib look anymore and the changing table, which was never used, was taking up space). I have also bought a few more organizational items that I need to put in there. I LOVE a clean and organized house.












No comments: