Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Fancy K.


K.'s favorite book is "Fancy Nancy." She loves to be fancy. She gets excited each time we are getting dressed and says, "Momma, do you want to be fancy today and wear lots of jewels?" (Jewels = bracelets and rings.) We often laugh that she will be an actress when she is older, but last night she informed me that she loved "fashion." Where does a 4-year-old learn such things? (That's rhetorical, we know it could only come from TV, which we do limit.)

We were watching the Disney channel (by the way, when did they start running commercials during movies?) and a commercial for those awful Bratz dolls came on. Of course, K. began begging for one. (I've put my foot down - I will not buy those dolls.) I asked her, "Why? Tell me what you like about those dolls." (I'm often curious about what is so appealing to her. Their trashy clothes? Their overly made up faces? The fact that the girls playing with them have sparkly hair, etc.?) That's when she said, "I want one because I love fashion. I just want to be smart and cute." Good thing she threw in smart. I didn't have a response. All I could do was laugh. I have no idea where she gets her love of clothes...

No comments: