Friday, August 15, 2008

The third day of school...


Apparently I could only hold in the sobbing for so long, and today after I dropped K. off at the door of her school (they requested we not walk them to the classroom after Wednesday) I started. I cried all the way home. It's so hard to let go. And for those of you who are not there yet...just wait. K. has attended day care or preschool since she was an infant, but this is different. In kindergarten there's a little less protection, and independence is a requirement. And while K. is full of independence, I still have a hard time thinking of her having to take care of her own lunch needs (opening the thermos, making her own decisions of what to eat first - by the way, the fruit snacks are the only items entirely eaten each day - etc.)and finding her own way down that long hallway to her classroom, alone.

When I pick her up, well, that's another story. It's almost as if I can't get enough of what she has to tell me. I get so excited just to see her. Man, she really is the best thing (besides her brother, whom I love just as much)in the whole world.

In case you're wondering why it's only her third day of school, her class is split by last name and they only attend every other day until next Friday when she will begin full days of class every day. Yeah, I'll probably cry that day, too.

No comments: