Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Happy Belated Mother's Day!

I'm a little late with this post, but it's certainly not unusual for me to be late, not these days anyway. Saturday we had a lot of things to do, including arriving at the TWC graduation at 7 a.m. (just me), grocery shopping and driving up to Aunt J and Uncle J's house to visit with them and Nana. We had a lot of fun and enjoyed a delicious meal (thanks Aunt J!). Then Sunday the computer or the web page (I don't know which) would not let me post and we spent most of our day in the pool (K. was in the pool for more than five hours!). Yesterday was just as busy with me working a golf tournament until 8 p.m. and R. running the kids to ballet and over to Mimi and Poppy's to feed the dogs while they enjoy some time in Las Vegas (win big Mimi and Poppy!). Anyway...I'll stop with the excuses and wish you all a happy Mother's Day. I hope you had a day of relaxation and were showered with lots of handmade goodies from your children.


There is nothing more precious than the gifts made by my sweet children. I had an extra special treat from K. as her preschool hosted a Mother's Day Tea Party last Friday. I don't think there was a dry eye in the room as each of our precious children sang "M-O-M-M-Y and Mommy is her name-o" and blew kisses across the room. K. was so excited to show me each of the things she made for me, including a plaque with her handprints, flowers in a cup she had painted, a handmade card and a photo of she and her daddy. How could I ask for more?



I'm so blessed to have my two wonderful children and my wonderful husband. But I'm also very lucky to have a lot of special moms (my mother-in-law, a dear friend of my mother's and mine, my stepmother, my very best friends, cousins, aunts, coworkers and Ryan's grandmother who I consider my own) in my life, especially since my mom passed away a little over two years ago and my grandmother passed away last year. Thank you to all of you who make my life so full.




1 comment:

newmanfamily said...

K and P, I can't wait to come stay with you on Saturday. P, I will try to tell you about the dirt if your Mommy leaves us alone. I know she doesn't want you to know about it. You will love it. Love, John