Sunday, May 18, 2008

Catching up...

It's been a while since our last post. Sorry. It's been a little crazy. It's that time of year where work, dance rehearsal/photos/recitals, soccer games/practice, etc. consume every moment of our time. It's fun, but we can't wait for summer when we take a break from it all.

So, here's what has been going on...

K. went to the dentist for the first time and had an excellent report. She did great and loved wearing the sunglasses provided by the hygienist during her cleaning. The dentist commented that she acted as if she had never seen her own teeth before (as she was gazing into the mirror admiring how "sparkly" her teeth were). I told him that she's just like that.

P. had his first visit with the dermatologist and, WOW, was it a trip. He got car sick on the way up and we were less than a block from the doctor's office when his entire breakfast filled the car seat. And being the good, prepared mom that I am, I had no spare set of clothes. I took him in stripped him down and cleaned him up. The receptionist gave me a gown for him, but he refused to wear it and it was a nice 40 degrees that day. The nurse treated me as if I was a horrible person. I wanted to ask her to take a look in the trash bag I was toting around, you know, so she could have as good a day as I was having. As we were leaving (after I used every baby wipe in the car to clean out his car seat) K. said, "hey, can we stop at Chick-fil-A?" My response was, "Can you honestly eat with that smell in here?" She did and so did P. I don't think I ate for two days. By the way, he has some new meds and they are working for now, but we've been down this road before...steroids, creams, etc. work on the eczema for about 3 - 6 weeks and then it's back to the awful break outs.

K. is registered for kindergarten and I survived it. I held back the tears and made it through the hour-long process without embarrassing her. As we were walking out of her soon-to-be school, she said, "Mom, why are there so many big kids here? When will I be big?" That's when the tears began to fill my eyes, and I said, "Oh, honey, you are big. This will be your school in just four short months." Begin praying now for my mental health in August...

I survived another wild weekend at work - commencement weekend, which is followed by our biggest fund-raising event, a golf tournament.

K. is wrapping up dance and soccer. She had her first dance event this year and did a great job. It was the same evening as her last soccer game. (She's getting pretty good at getting dressed in the car.) At the final game she scored two goals and afterwards the entire team received medals.

Rosebud, now called Rosie for short, has sprouted and is growing like a weed. So is her personality. She's a bit feisty. I think she gets it from her Momma K.
R. is working like crazy and we haven't seen very much of him lately.

The Price family visited for a weekend and we had a great time as usual.

K. and P. are fighting more. Yeah, this is fun. K. has posted a sign on her bedroom door that reads, "No Boys Allowed." I thought this would happen a few years down the road, but not at age five.

I know I'm leaving out lots of things, but I'm sure you're tired of reading by now...so, here's a few pictures.





No comments: