Thursday, November 1, 2007

Cooper


Last night, after we had made our rounds trick-or-treating, we came home to find Cooper in the yard beside one of our trees. He was hit and killed accidentally around 6:30 p.m., only minutes after we first left our house. We're all heartbroken to say the least. K. is having a very difficult time understanding why all of this happened. She was a bit hysterical last night and I stayed in her room with her until almost midnight. We had a good talk and talked about good times with Cooper. It certainly won't be the same around here without him. R. and I bought him as a puppy when we lived in Franklin six years ago and he was like a child to us before we had two of our own. I'm avoiding the outdoors today, and hoping that by staying in as long as I can will prolong my having to face the reality of him being gone. I know we'll be OK, but it may take a few days.

1 comment:

Madison, Luke, and Alexander said...

We're so sorry to hear about Cooper. That's a really bad way to end such a fun evening. We're thinking about you.
Madison and Luke