Friday, May 25, 2007

The adventures of P.

This has been one wild week. I took P. back to the doctor Thursday because his fever had not broken since Tuesday and he was admitted to the hospital immediately and we were told that he would have surgery soon afterwards (for the bump that has continued to grow on his abdomen).

A few hours later the surgeon stopped by to examine P. and made the decision to hold off until today to do the surgery. In the meantime he was put on IV antibiotics to fight what we thought was MRSA. But while I was home taking a shower the pediatrician showed up and told Ryan that the culture taken Tuesday at Children's Hospital did not grow MRSA, it was a different type of staph and it would be cured with antibiotics by mouth. He was discharged. (We're all so happy - I don't recommend a night in the hospital with any child, but especially one who likes to run, climb and bounce off the walls even when his fever is 103 degrees.)

So, here I sit, sleep deprived yet excited that my boy is OK, in my disasterous house that will soon be host to family and friends coming to visit for the weekend and attending K.'s big recital tomorrow. I'd better get busy... thanks for all of the prayers for our little man. We're so blessed that this turned out to be nothing more than it is.

No comments: